My name is Rich. I like to talk about money.
- I paid off $32,000 in student loans in a year.
- Paid off our $280k mortgage in 7 years.
- Flipped several houses in Washington D.C. to help build income for real estate investing.
- Purchased twenty rental properties that are paid off.
- Currently manage 30 units myself.
Let me tell you a story.
How do you summarize your financial life in a blog post?
What if it’s your first post ever?
I’ll give it a shot!
I met my wife in college and quickly realized she was the right person for me. Before she married me, she asked me a question that I didn’t know the answer to. It was a question that I didn’t want to know the answer to. (We are recently divorced, but still have a great relationship)
“How much money do you owe in student loans?”
(Very blank look from me)
Thinking back over the last 3 1/2 years of college, I remembered getting some grants and a partial scholarship from the military for majoring in Chinese, how bad could it be? I remember taking out a few student loans to help make ends meet (a.k.a. always eating out and vacations with rich friends).
Read moreMy Wife Knows Money – The Financial Summary of my Life