My name is Rich. I like to talk about money and real estate. While serving in the military:
- We paid off $32,000 in student loans in a year
- Paid off our $280k mortgage in 6 years
- Flipped several houses in Washington D.C. to help build income for real estate investing
- Purchased 20 rental properties with cash
- Set up systems to do all of this while living overseas
Dealing with our properties takes very little time and almost no work.
It’s completely passive income. We just wait for rent checks to come in each month!
I’m currently in the United States Air Force living in Korea and about two years from retirement. I’ve traveled and worked in many parts of the world.
I have been interested in real estate and investment ever since I was a child.
I worked at Fidelity Investments as a stock broker in college, and have devoured most finance and real estate books out there.
I have a wife, twelve year old boy, and eight year old girl.
I hope my experiences and advice can help you achieve financial independence. I did it through careful savings and investing, frugal living and smart real estate choices. It wasn’t always smooth sailing, but I think I’ve figured a few things out.
Maybe what I’ve learned can help you.
Read my page on the Complete Guide to Real Estate Investing.
Rich on Money